UPS Healthcare – Industrial Engineer II Job at UPS Supply Chain Solutions – in Burlington, ON
Work Location: 4156 Mainway, Burlington, Ontario
UPS Healthcare Canada is hiring an Industrial Engineer II.
UPS Healthcare, a Division of UPS, is a Third Party Contract Logistics (3PL) provider offering a wide range of specialized Distribution and Transportation services in the healthcare sector.
The Industrial Engineer II drives continuous improvement in all areas of the business. You, as an Industrial Engineer II, will work with multiple departments to develop, implement, and deploy operational processes and best practices in facilities across Canada. You will lead the planning and executing implementations and initiatives that impact single clients in the warehouse, entire warehouses, and the strategic plan of UPS Healthcare in Canada. This position will assist the Operations, Solutions Engineering, Building & Systems Engineering, and Quality departments in special reengineering or new projects, as necessary.
You will manage a team of Industrial Engineer I. It will be your responsibility to manage your team’s time to plan and resource for strategic initiatives within Canada, and for reporting the financial impact of these initiatives. You have responsibility to develop your direct reports as professionals as they work to achieve their goals for advancement. UPS Healthcare offers many avenues for development of our professional workforce and we will encourage the successful candidate to take advantage of these opportunities.
A successful candidate is able to work and engage constructively and effectively with peers, co-workers and cross-functional teams. The candidate is a driven individual who will search for process improvements, be able to convince stakeholders to adopt the changes, and want to see through development and implementation of their solution. The candidate must demonstrate strategic thinking, attention to detail, and able to communicate complex ideas to audiences of varying ability. Experience with warehouse processes and systems will be considered an asset.
- Conduct business in a manner that reflects leadership habits, and leads a team of professionals in a manner that promotes UPS values
- Resource planning & coordination to ensure that the Industrial Engineering team is able to support and achieve key accountabilities.
- Lead and develop a team of Industrial Engineer I.
- Implement Continuous Improvement projects to drive increased profitability
- Identify and quantify cost savings / continuous improvement / innovation projects
- Analyze data to determine required / optimal storage environment / design / layout
- Utilize AutoCAD to develop layout (facility, storage, processing area) designs to optimize for warehouse process efficiency
- Develop Work Measurement (WMT) standards
- Analyze data to determine required / optimal resources based on volume and WMT standards
- Analyze data to determine required / optimal MHE based on volume and WMT standards
- Identify innovative solutions to solve operational inefficiencies
- Analyze facility capacity and utilization trends for future planning needs
- Perform financial analysis to assemble business cases, cost justifications and requests for appropriation.
- Provides Support to Improve Logistics Operations
- Identify business needs and pilot new technologies to support UPS transformation goals
- Time management skills including an ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Independent and able to work with limited supervision
- Set and meet aggressive goals
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong quantitative and verbal reasoning abilities
- Working knowledge of project planning and management fundamentals
- Ability to coach and develop others
- MS Office suite including but not limited to; Excel, Word, Power Point, Project, Visio
- Advanced Excel capabilities, including VBA
- Experience with 2D CAD software (AutoCAD LT)
- Apply logistics and supply chain knowledge
- Assess strategic business needs
- Ability to analyze Work Methods, Processes, Flows
- Design Work Methods, Processes, Flows
- Creation and analysis of Estimates and Forecasts
- Fundamental understanding of financial statements (P&Ls)
- Problem solving experience using lean or six sigma methodologies
- Working knowledge of Healthcare Warehouse distribution operations, processes, and systems
- Working knowledge of General Warehouse distribution operations, processes, and systems
- Working knowledge of GMP
- SQL experience
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree from a Canadian Accredited Program or international equivalent Preferred
- Management Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Systems Engineering disciplines preferred.
- Work Experience: 3-7 years required. Logistics / Supply Chain Industry experience preferred
UPS Supply Chain Solutions offers a competitive compensation package including:
- Competitive base salary, stock ownership, stock purchase program, ownership incentive
- Competitive pension plan
- Competitive benefits package including vision, dental, and extended healthcare coverage
- Career development and progression opportunities across multiple business units and geographies
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $38.60 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- How many years of experience in the Logistics / Supply Chain Industry?
- How many years of experience managing people?
- Bachelor’s Degree (required)
About the Company
Company: UPS Supply Chain Solutions –
Company Location: Burlington, ON