Support Worker Job at Look Ahead Housing and Care – in Tower Hamlets
The job requirements are detailed below. Where applicable the skills, qualifications and memberships required for this job have also been included.
Application closing date
£23,019.76 per annum
plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, staff discounts, healthcare and career progression.
Support Worker, Look Ahead Care Support and Housing, Tower Hamlets
Looking for a new role where you can make a difference every day? We’re looking for a kind, compassionate and resilience Support Worker to join our mental health service in Tower Hamlets
£23,019.76 per annum, working 40 hours per week, plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, staff discounts, healthcare and career progression.
Look Ahead is a dynamic, leading, not-for-profit care and support provider in London and the South East. As an organisation we deliver over 110 services, providing support to around 7000 customers each year. We work across mental health, homelessness, young people and learning disabilities so there are plenty of opportunities to grow and progress your career with us.
Tabard Court is a mental health supported accommodation for individual with significant offending histories. As a Support Worker, you will work within a multi-disciplinary team, providing support to customers with a range of mental health needs – emotional, social, physical or domestic –, who have had contact with the Criminal Justice System and may have struggled or currently be struggling with diverse challenges.
This post is restricted to male applicants pursuant to Section 9s of the Equality Act 2010.
NVQ Level 2 or equivalent or previous relevant sector work experience involving working with those with mental health needs and/or those with connections to criminal justice services.
General positive way of thinking
As part of a team of support staff at the mental health service, your role will focus on working closely with customers to help them build and gain their independence, and meet their goals and aspirations. This involves supporting them with a range of life skills for example helping customers with budgeting, applying for benefits, meal planning or cooking, getting into work or training, or accessing external services such as addiction support. As a Support Worker you can be sure of one thing, no two days are the same!
- Building supportive, trusting relationships with customers
- Working proactively with other members of the team to handle the service caseload and administrative responsibilities
- Supporting key customers to set personalised goals in the form of a Support Plan
- Conducting regular key work sessions that are innovative and engaging in order to achieve Support Plan goals
- Providing support with daily living activities, including practical assistance where skills are not yet developed, to ensure that customers enjoy a high quality of accommodation
- Proactive development of links with local statutory and voluntary organizations to provide a range of engagement opportunities for customers in the community
- Empowering customers to ensure they receive the service and benefits they are entitled to
- Encouraging and enabling tenants to pay their rent and ensure that rent accounts are managed effectively
- Ensuring Look Ahead Health and Safety policies are adhered to at all time and to uphold all health and safety responsibilities within relevant policies and local protocols
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead
- Enjoys social interaction and the company of others, joins in local activities to encourage customer involvement
- Exudes a warm friendly presence and open behaviour
- Prefers working as part of a group or team
- Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement
- Has a practical and logical mind and is naturally well organised
- Thrives on change and enjoys dynamic diverse environments
- Is confident with high levels of self-esteem
- Is respectful, articulate and sensitive in style of communication
- Is motivated towards excellence and improvement of personal performance with a can do attitude
- Ability to cope positively with challenging and diverse behaviour
If your application for this role is unsuccessful, but we feel that you would be suitable for another role, we may contact you to discuss alternative opportunities. If this occurs you would not need to submit another application for the alternative role.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion at work and are accredited with the Inclusive Employers Standard 2021. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds
About the Company
Company: Look Ahead Housing and Care –
Company Location: Tower Hamlets