Scheduling/Prior Authorization Representative Job at SIERRA NEUROSURGERY GROUP – 3.4 in Reno, NV
Sierra Neurosurgery Group is Northern Nevada’s leader in providing exceptional spine and brain care. We are currently looking for a Scheduling/Prior Authorization Representative to join our dedicated and knowledgeable team.
You will have access to competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits along with options for life insurance and retirement savings with company contribution. You will also have the opportunity to work with kind, knowledgeable professionals dedicated to high levels of care to our patients.
We are a high volume, successful neurosurgery practice requiring dedication and ability to prioritize multiple tasks. We work hard while still having fun and Sierra Neurosurgery Group is a finalist in 2019 and 2020 Best Places to Work!
- One year experience working in a pre-authorization role.
- Working knowledge of managed care, commercial insurance, Medicare, Medicaid and Worker’s Compensation.
- Knowledge and understanding of CPT and ICD-10-CM coding for specialty.
- Experience in establishing relationships with insurance companies and referring practices.
- High level of organization and attention to detail with working knowledge of practice management software.
- Must demonstrate high level of confidentiality, professionalism with the ability to work with patients and make them feel comfortable.
- Proficient with medical office software and all Microsoft office programs.
- Obtain pre-certification/prior-authorization from insurance companies for all surgeries, tests, consults and other procedures requiring prior-authorization. Document in computer.
- Obtain pre-certification/prior authorization for all return office visits requiring authorization. Document in computer.
- Communicate with the business office for CPT codes, insurance verification and escalation of insurance issues (denials, pre-determination letter, etc.)
- Respond to written and telephone inquiries from patient and carriers regarding planned surgery, testing, consults, etc.
- Coordinate with patient the surgery/procedure date, pre-operative testing appointment and pre-operative appointment with our office. Complete templates associated with surgery (Surgery checklist, VA patient status, medical clearance, etc). Create a surgery/procedure packet with all information.
- Schedule surgery/procedure for the Neurosurgeons, according to physician protocols. Assign assistant for surgery/procedure if needed.
- Confirm all patients scheduled for following day.
- Communicate with Assistants and Appointment scheduling regarding schedule changes or cancellations, and doctor availability with cancellations or changes to schedule for surgery and assists.
If you are ready to provide outstanding customer service by helping our patients feel welcomed and cared for while playing an integral role on our front desk team, then we are the place for you!
If you feel you meet the qualifications and want to join our successful team, please submit your resume.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $21.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- CPT coding: 1 year (Preferred)
- ICD-10 coding: 1 year (Preferred)
- Prior Authorization: 1 year (Required)
About the Company
Company: SIERRA NEUROSURGERY GROUP – 3.4
Company Location: Reno, NV