Production Lab Technician Job at bioLytical Laboratories Inc. in Richmond, BC
Production Laboratory Technician
Location: Richmond, BC, Canada
Department: Solutions Laboratory, Manufacturing
Position: Permanent ______________________________________________________________________________
BioLytical Laboratories Inc. based in Richmond, BC, Canada is a privately-owned Canadian Company federally incorporated in 2002 and focused on the research, development and commercialization of rapid, point-of-care in vitro medical diagnostics developed using its proprietary INSTI® technology platform. Today, the company sells and markets its INSTI® HIV test and has a world-wide footprint of regulatory approvals including US FDA approval, Health Canada approval and CE mark. Our product provides a highly accurate HIV test result in as little as 60 seconds which translates into a compelling value proposition for patients, healthcare professionals, and public health organizations.
Reporting directly to the Production Manager, this position is responsible for performing a variety of routine small and large-scale bulk reagent processing, manufacturing for use in commercial diagnostic products. This position involves operating a variety of small to large laboratory and reagent mixing equipment and as a back-up to Quality Control. This position requires availability for flexible starting and ending times to meet production schedule.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Calculate, weigh, measure raw materials to ensure batches manufactured contain correct ingredients and are prepared within established tolerances.
- Prepare routine, simple to moderately complex small and large-scale bulk reagent and buffer formulations, according to established procedures.
- Use and maintain production and laboratory equipment including, but not limited to, scales, pH meters, centrifuges, mixing equipment, volumetric devices, spectrophotometer and pipets.
- Conduct standard in-process testing to assure production batches meet established specifications.
- Maintain detailed production and experimental records in strict adherence to Quality System and GMP requirements.
- Assist production lead in defining appropriate scheduling of tasks and optimal inventory levels of raw and work-in-process materials.
- Clean and maintain reagent production glassware and storage containers.
- Performs specified QC activities as needed.
- Perform planned and unplanned duties according to scheduled deadlines.
- Bachelor degree in a life sciences discipline or Diploma in Biotech plus relevant work experience in a medical device manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of and experience with GLP and GMP.
- Knowledge of or direct experience working in ISO 13485 environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, oral communication skills, and written communication skills are required
- Ability to read and understand Quality System documentation, standard operating procedures, work instructions, material safety data sheets, technical procedures and maintenance instructions.
- Ability to multiply, divide, add and subtract in all units of measure using whole numbers and decimals following basic algebraic rules.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, Access, Excel)
- Must have availability to meet flexible start and end times including the ability to work or days, afternoons or weekends
We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from all qualified individuals.
Job Type: Full-time
- Medical device manufacturing : 1 year (Preferred)
About the Company
Company: bioLytical Laboratories Inc.
Company Location: Richmond, BC