Physician Jobs in Cameron – Missouri – USA at Corizon Health
Company: Corizon Health
Location: Cameron – Missouri – USA
Type: Full Time
Category: Healthcare, Doctor/Physician
Correctional healthcare is not just a job. It’s a calling.
By choosing a career with Corizon Health you are choosing the opportunity to truly make a difference in the health, well-being, and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in being a pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. If you are interested in helping us continue our legacy of innovation and clinical expertise, we encourage you to connect with us today.
Below is a list of your responsibilities as a Physician with Corizon Health located in Cameron, MO.
* Visit the infirmary daily and document encounters in patient’s Medical Record as assigned. Ensure Medical Record documentation is in SOAP format, problem oriented and corresponds to the therapeutic order. Ensure all documentation is timed, legible and signed. Ensure all verbal or telephone orders are countersigned within seventy-two (72) hours.
* Adhere to approved formulary for therapeutic regimens before utilizing non-formulary procedures. Document pertinent observations and logical conclusions to validate need for non-formulary medication on non-formulary request form for Medical Director’s approval when non-formulary medication is ordered.
* Utilize available in-house resources and personnel for treatment or resolution of identified problems before utilizing am off-site referral. Provide emergency treatment on-site and respond appropriately in urgent or emergency situations.
* Demonstrate proper technique for cardiopulmonary resuscitation and related drug therapy.
* Serve as a resource for other professional or non-professional personnel providing instructions as needed.
Corizon Benefits (only applicable for full-time positions)
Corizon Health offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, a generous PTO plan, 401k with matching funds, tuition assistance, continuing education reimbursement, and more!
* Fully licensed to practice medicine in the state of employment.
* Current DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) registration.
* Board-certified or board eligible in primary care specialty (family practice, internal medicine, surgery) required.
* CPR certification.
A background check, security clearance and drug screening are required for this role.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans.