Patient Experience Coordinator Job at Mindful Urgent Care – in West Hempstead, NY
Mindful Urgent Care is a new healthcare startup with a mission to provide comprehensive and improved mental health care and recovery services. MUC is hiring knowledgeable Patient Experience Coordinators who are eager, personable, and hardworking to support our expanding team at our Long Island location, as well as, new locations in Manhattan.
General Summary and Responsibilities: This is a non-exempt position that supports the company’s mission by providing outstanding customer care, patient communication, and assisting in patient retention. The Patient Experience Coordinator will represent and be the “face” of Mindful Urgent Care and is responsible for providing information about our company and the services we provide. She or he will support the company’s goals and work towards sustained coordination of care. In addition, the position partners with billing and clinical staff to promote a well-rounded service approach.
- Warmly greets patients and guests in an empathetic manner while answering any questions and concerns.
- Oversees and thoroughly reviews the patient acquisition process by answering incoming inquires, actively managing new appointment requests while providing accurate and up-to-date information to make informed recommendations based on the different services we provide.
- Contributes to all aspects of the patient scheduling and registration processes. Ensures a successful onboarding process from check-in/out including billing – throughout the patients’ entire trajectory in the practice, while always maintaining accounts current on all health records’ platforms used in the practice for patient management.
- Coordinates appointment scheduling, provider availability, patient communications including but not limited to clinical requests, such as refills, authorizations, coverage/billing, coordination of care with referring professionals, etc, and effectively communicates with the right individuals.
- Reviews and manages relevant data entry to integrate the different areas of the business, connecting all areas of the practice (clinical, marketing, billing, operations) to ensure cohesiveness and for record-keeping purposes.
Require skills include the following:
- Strong communication, customer service, and leadership abilities
- Ability to communicate, organize and problem-solve
- Must have healthcare experience
Required: The ability to work with diverse populations.MUST have Healthcare experience. Relevant customer service. Bilingual a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 – $19.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Healthcare: 1 year (Required)
- Customer service: 1 year (Required)
- Any other language (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
About the Company
Company: Mindful Urgent Care –
Company Location: West Hempstead, NY