Lab Administrator Job at Mondelez International Reading
Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL) is a leading edge science consultancy offering research, analysis, training and consultancy to our clients globally, primarily blue chip food and pharmaceutical companies. We do with passion, integrity and service to exceed expectations and deliver enhanced value to our clients.
Not only that but we’re supporting our parent company – Mondelēz International – where we operate as the Reading Science Centre. That means we’re both agile and autonomous whilst enjoying the development and growth of being connected to the biggest snacking company in the world.
In RSSL we are customer focused, science led and results driven. The RSSL Pharmaceutical Chemistry laboratory performs a wide range of analytical analyses for a variety of food, pharmaceutical and healthcare companies and supports Mondelez research and innovation.
The role of Technician is to be responsible for performing a range of routine activities to support effective completion of projects and meet the customer’s contractual agreements, perform laboratory administration (responsibility for checking of LIMS data during project initiation, reagent and sample disposal and data archiving), general housekeeping activities, basic routine equipment calibration and work in accordance with the quality standards within the laboratory.
- Provide high quality customer service at all times by ensuring effective organisation of assigned workload, integrity of analytical data generated and timely/accurate provision of results
- Efficiently and proactively book in or perform GMP quality checks on all incoming projects in the laboratory database system, ensure all required materials are in stock or ordered and correctly store supplied materials within the laboratory
- Provide archival service on behalf of the laboratory in accordance with set procedure
- Clarify any omissions to required technical details during project submission directly with clients by email or telephone
- Monitor expiry/disposal dates of reagents and samples, and administer disposal activities as required
- Be competent in the use of generic and specific software packages required for the role such as the LIMS system and Q-Pulse
- Perform laboratory administration and housekeeping duties as directed
- Work in different laboratories if the demand is required
- Work to the highest standards of safety and quality by ensuring that all appropriate COSHH, risk assessment and SOP documents are understood and followed
- Complete all assigned quality actions in a timely manner
Knowledge: including education, qualifications and training
- Education to A level or equivalent.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Word, Excel) preferred.
- Previous administration experience is essential.
- Previous customer service experience would be beneficial.
- Scientific understanding of basic laboratory equipment would be beneficial.
- Fluent English, written and spoken.
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.
RSSL website: https://www.rssl.com/
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/RSSLServices
LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/107107
About the Company
Company: Mondelez International
Company Location: Reading