Director of Nursing Job at Lincoln Healthcare – in Cork, County Cork
Director of Nursing
If you are looking for a step up in your career within a very well respected, state-of-the-art care home in Cork city, I have the role for you.
We have a Very Exciting new opportunity for a Director of Nursing to join a 73 bed nursing home in Cork city.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, compassionate, highly trained, committed individual.
I am looking for an experienced Director of Nursing, with thorough knowledge and a strong proven track record in delivering the highest standards of care, ethics and expertise 24/7 care.
This is a fulltime, permanent position offering a salary of 80-90K depending on experience, plus excellent benefits including a 10% bonus.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively manage and provide leadership for staff and residents of resident care
- Lead and manage an enthusiastic team to work to their potential
- Work with the Director of Quality to develop policies, programs and evidence-based practice
- Have a full and thorough knowledge of the residents’ clinical, medical and social needs and ensure that the nursing care provided is of the highest standard and supports best practice at all times.
- Conduct internal audits and report on home KPI’s
- Initial induction of staff and ongoing training and development of staff
- Encouragement of innovative practice
- Ensure compliance with the relevant statutory regulations and standards applicable to the Residential care centre.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Senior Nursing Management position in Care of the elderly (within the last 6 years).
- Post-registration management qualification (QQI Level 6 minimum)
- Currently registered with NMBI
- Proven track record of clinical, leadership and people skills
- Thorough knowledge of HIQA standards, regulations and the ‘HEALTH ACT 2007’
- Excellent communication, leadership and organisational skills
- Proven track record in decision-making ability
- Qualification in Gerontology is desirable
· A Fulltime, permanent position with a base salary is based on experience to date 80-90K
· 10% Performance related Bonus, 25 days Annual leave
· Subsidised meals, Employee Assistance Programme and free parking on site.
Charlene is a strategic, highly enthusiastic leader with a wealth of experience supplying Allied Health and Social Care professionals across acute hospitals, community, primary care facilities, mental health services, disability services, social care organisations within the Public and Private sector across Ireland.
To discuss this role in detail please contact Charlene Cooke by Phone: +3531 9637070
Reference ID: 007
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: €50,770.00-€84,912.00 per year
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Senior Nursing Management: 3 years (preferred)
About the Company
Company: Lincoln Healthcare –
Company Location: Cork, County Cork