Department Administrator, Department of Surgery – Master’s Req’d Job at Maimonides Medical Center – in Brooklyn, NY
Department Administrator, Department of Surgery
THE BEST CAREERS. RIGHT HERE
@ BROOKLYN’S LEADING HOSPITAL.
MAIMONIDES: TOP TEN IN THE U.S. FOR CLINICAL OUTCOMES
We’re Maimonides Medical Center, the largest hospital in Brooklyn and a major independent teaching hospital with a community hospital feel. At Maimonides, we’re continuously expanding our services and capabilities and remain at the forefront of innovative medicine. Our Heart & Vascular Institute ranks #1 in the US for heart attack survival. We have a Level l Trauma Center, and an accredited full-service Cancer Center with Joint Commission Gold Star designation. We are also Brooklyn’s only Children’s Hospital.
Working in partnership with the Chair of Surgery Department and senior clinical leadership, the Department Administrator of Surgery will be responsible for the overall strategic, administrative and financial management and performance of the Surgery Department (all Divisions). You will work closely with other clinical departments and divisions, and hospital departments that support the Department of Surgery.
In this role, you will be responsible for directing the administrative and management functions of the Department of Surgery and all its Divisions, and championing the image and reputation of the Department, with emphasis on patient-centered care, quality, safety, research and community service. The Administrator will
- Work with the Department Chair to help recruit, develop, and retain the clinical leadership and management team; facilitate onboarding of all recruits;
- Achieve operational efficiencies in the Department (all Divisions) to optimize contribution margin;
- Increase awareness of the Department to referring physicians and potential patients;
- Organize and support the Department of Surgery and leadership meetings
- Collaborate with the Medical Directors and Maimonides Executive Leadership team on program development, financial feasibility, and implementation matters.
- Direct Department of Surgery management team responsible for inpatient/ambulatory operations; Prepare monthly reports, and participate in Monthly Operational Meetings
- Accountable for financial and operating performance of Department, and full P&L
- Complete business plans for each new/expansion programs and initiatives for Leadership.
- Prepare an annual report to Executive Leadership, including financial performance, volumes, key accomplishments, progress on strategic plan, future goals, and challenges.
- Master’s degree in Health Administration, Business Administration, Public Health, or related field.
- Ten years of management experience faculty practice, business planning administration, Hospital system experience preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership in strategic planning, fiscal management, administrative/operational management, resource allocation, HR and staff development.
- Ability to develop a clear, realistic, and actionable vision, as well as provide results-oriented strategic and program leadership.
- Working knowledge of healthcare strategy, operations, managed care, revenue cycle and physician relations; stay abreast of industry trends and standards
For immediate consideration, please forward CV to: [email protected] maimonidesmed.org
Thank you!. An EOE m/f/d/v.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
About the Company
Company: Maimonides Medical Center –
Company Location: Brooklyn, NY