Clinical Applications Support Job at Ballarat Health Services – in Ballarat VIC
Clinical Application Support – Referral Management System (RMS)
Information Management Department
Fixed term full-time (3 years)
80 hours per fortnight including monthly ADO
Ballarat Health Services, produly part of Grampians Health has implemented a new Referral Management System (RMS) with initial roll out to clinics within Specialist Outpatient Clinics (SOC). The RMS provides electronic management of referrals from both inside BHS and from external referrers to SOC specialists, through the entire referral lifecycle. The Information Management team has an exciting opportunity for someone to join a dynamic team and provide support to the RMS Project Manager during the rollout phase and later provide ongoing primary and secondary application support, including liaising with the vendor to resolve issues as required.
The purpose of this role is to:
- Provide support to the RMS Project Manager in the rollout of the RMS application
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for the RMS application
- Support delivery of training in conjunction with business units
- Review and management of tickets raised by users on the support portal
- Liaise with Application Support team members, BHS Integration Analyst, and RMS vendor to identify and solve issues
- Maintain system functionality and user access
- Assist with system upgrade and bug fix testing and deployment
- Assist with development work as directed and in line with organisational/regional priorities
You will be working within a dynamic motivated team committed to the BHS values. You will also work closely with other application support staff and key stakeholders to assist with end user support and day to day maintenance of the RMS system.
Applications should address the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the Position Description.
All applications must be submitted online.
Enquiries can be directed to Tina Smith, Applications Manager on 03 5320 4769 or 0403 432 013.
All appointments are subject to a satisfactory Police Records Check & Immunisation Clearance.
Vaccination against COVID-19 is a mandatory requirement for healthcare workers in Victoria, and as such, all employees at Grampians Health.
All employees must be willing and able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when required, which at a minimum is a surgical mask. Additional PPE requirements are role-dependent.
Grampians Health is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer (or questioning), intersex and asexual (or allies) LGBTQIA+
- Desirable : Do you have a relevant qualification in Health Informatics, Information Technology or similar?
- Essential : Do you have any experience supporting, updating, and configuring health applications and modules?
- Essential : Do you have a minimum of 2 years of practical experience working in a similar role?
- Essential : Do you have previous experience in the preparation of training materials and schedules, and the delivery of training to front end users?
- Desirable : Do you have experience within the healthcare industry?
- Desirable : Do you have Experience or knowledge of project coordination to support the application implementation and to deliver the deployment of upgrades and enhancements?
- Desirable : Do you have any understanding of, or experience in HL7 messaging structure?
- Essential : Please describe a time when you went beyond your job requirements to achieve an objective. (Looking for: the situation, what you did and the outcome of your actions).
- Essential : Please provide an example of a new idea you suggested to your manager/supervisor/team leader recently. (Looking for: the situation, what you did and the outcome of your actions).
- Essential : Describe a specific situation in which you identified a problem and took action to correct it rather than wait for someone else to do so. (Looking for: the situation, what you did, and the outcome of your actions).
- Essential : What procedures have you used to prevent or control backlog in your work area? Describe a specific instance when you needed to do this. (Looking for: the situation, what you did, and the outcome of your actions).
- Essential : Describe the tools and/or strategies you use to keep track of items/tasks requiring your attention. Tell me about a time when you used these tools and/or strategies to get work done. (Looking for: the situation, what you did, and the outcome of your actions).
- Essential : At one time or another, we’ve all forgotten to do something important for an internal/external customer. Tell me about a time when this happened to you. (Looking for: the situation, what you did, and the outcome of your actions).
- Essential : Tell me what each of the following values mean to you and provide a specific example of a time when you demonstrated each value in your current workplace. Teamwork, Respect, Accountability and Compassion.
- Essential : Have you received two doses of a COVID19 vaccine? If no, please provide further detail regarding doses received, booking dates and/or other relevant information.
Job Type: Full-time
About the Company
Company: Ballarat Health Services –
Company Location: Ballarat VIC