Board Coordinator/Executive Assistant Job at Maimonides Medical Center – in Brooklyn, NY
Board Coordinator/Executive Assistant
THE BEST CAREERS. RIGHT HERE
@ BROOKLYN’S LEADING HOSPITAL.
MAIMONIDES: TOP TEN IN THE U.S. FOR CLINICAL OUTCOMES
We’re Maimonides Medical Center, the largest hospital in Brooklyn and a major independent teaching hospital with a community hospital feel. At Maimonides, we’re continuously expanding our services and capabilities and remain at the forefront of innovative medicine. Our Heart & Vascular Institute ranks #1 in the US for heart attack survival. We have a Level l Trauma Center, and an accredited full-service Cancer Center with Joint Commission Gold Star designation. We are also Brooklyn’s only Children’s Hospital.
Reporting to the Executive Vice President and General Counsel, the Board Coordinator/Executive Assistant will provide administrative support to the Board of Trustees of Maimonides Medical Center and its Committees. You will be a key participant of the management team that facilitates the effective performance of Board functions and engagement of trustees. The role focuses on the planning and management of an annual calendar, setting and planning meetings, coordinating mailings and Board communications, assisting with setting agendas, recording minutes, maintaining corporate records, and utilizing and maintaining Board support technology platforms. You will regularly interact with individual Board members and MMC’s executive and senior leaders. In addition, you will serve as Executive Assistant to the Executive Vice President and General Counsel.
The ideal candidate will have significant project management experience, as well as experience with Boards and Board management. Proven strong service orientation, discretion, problem solving, attention to detail, change management, and excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
As a Board Coordinator/Executive Assistant, you will:
- Manage all support functions for all Board and Committee meetings, room scheduling, reminders, menu and food arrangements, audio-visual assistance, teleconferencing, compiling, posting, and circulating all pre-meeting materials, day of meeting materials, and meeting staffing.
- Schedule and coordinate all regular and special meetings in collaboration with Board/Committee Chairs and senior management, develops issues list and annual calendar for each Board and Committee, ensures pre-meeting materials are distributed in advance of meetings and day of meeting arrangements are complete.
- Maintain Board and Committee rosters, terms, and takes attendance at all meetings.
- Serve as main point of contact for Trustees/Directors and their office staff regarding routine Board-related information and requests.
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationships with Board members and organizational leadership and partners.
- Work closely with EVP & GC to identify administrative priorities, work flows, and operational issues.
- Support the EVP & GC with her calendar, budget, outside counsel billing and tracking, and other projects as assigned.
- Work closely with the CEO’s Executive Assistant and with other administrative assistants in the Executive Office and Office of General Counsel as needed.
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university.
- At least 5 years of administrative experience supporting executives.
- Experience supporting Boards or Board Committees strongly preferred, with experience reading and working with corporate governance documents such as corporate bylaws also strongly preferred.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Prefer experience with SharePoint, and other technology platforms such as Vizio, Monday.com, Serengeti, and iContracts.
Board Coordinator/Executive Assistant, please submit a resume to [email protected] maimonidesmed.org. An EOE.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
About the Company
Company: Maimonides Medical Center –
Company Location: Brooklyn, NY