Automation Maintenance Technician Job at bioLytical Laboratories in Richmond, BC
Did you know that you no longer have to book an appointment with your doctor and wait weeks to get lab results back for STIs like HIV and Syphilis?
bioLytical’s INSTI is the world’s fastest testing platform – providing results in just 1 minute. Yes, you read that correctly – results in 1 minute not 1 to 2 weeks! We’ve been in business since 2002 and have recently been growing like crazy with the launch of new products all over the world. bioLytical Laboratories has ranked on Business in Vancouver’s Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies list two years in a row and is the winner of the 2018 Lifesciences BC’s Growth Stage MedTech Company of the Year.
The full suite of INSTI tests are greater than 99% accurate and have a world-wide footprint of regulatory approvals including US FDA, Health Canada, World Health Organization Prequalification and CE mark for Europe. bioLytical markets its HIV point-of-care tests, HIV self-tests and dual HIV/Syphilis Multiplex point-of-care tests globally with a strong product pipeline from our research team. INSTI is the world’s fastest test, which means more people tested, more people diagnosed and more people linked to care.
We are looking for talented and passionate people to join us on our mission to end AIDS. With millions of tests already sold, INSTI is trusted by healthcare professionals and recently available to consumers. Come join us on our journey and help make a difference in the world!
Reporting to the Reporting to the Manufacturing Engineer, the Automation Technician’s main responsibility is to maintain and repair semi-automated equipment and automated assembly & packaging systems. As all components and kits must be cGMP compliant, these tasks demand precision and complete attention to detail, and require the understanding of all Manufacturing & Quality Assurance practices throughout our Richmond facility. This position requires strong mechanical and PLC knowledge with some deliverable duties such as functional and economically viable solutions, i.e. retrofitting, fabricating. You live the INSTI Core Values through and through.
INSTI CORE VALUES:
- INNOVATION in what we do, how we do it and how we think: Contributes new ideas, challenges the status quo, takes initiative on projects.
- NEVER SAY NEVER: Stays engaged until the goal is reached or project is completed. Overcomes barriers. Cares so much about the task at hand that the impossible is made possible.
- SENSATIONAL to our clients, to our partners, to each other: Spirited team player, who adapts to new situations quickly and is beyond reliable.
- TAKES OWNERSHIP of goals, decisions, actions and results: Arrives on time and prepared, leads by example, follows through on commitments.
- INSPIRED TO EXCEL: Demonstrates passion for INSTI, our people and our projects. Is not complacent, shares knowledge freely, exhibits awareness of self, their surroundings and the business.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE:
- Maintain and repair supply systems, semi-automated equipment and automated robotic PLC controlled assembly & packaging systems. This includes pneumatic, electrical, electronic and robotic maintenance of all machine and product lines following cGMP.
- Process, system, automated equipment and PLC validation following GMP principles.
- Fault diagnosis and reprogramming of automation and PLC controls systems.
- Perform some light fabrication.
- Some detailed engineering design activities to be delivered as functional and economically viable solutions, i.e.
- Interact with suppliers, source new equipment and train personnel as required.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Mechatronics & Robotics or Automation Technology.
- Minimum three years of experience in machine maintenance, in the area of small part, high speed PLC controlled electro-pneumatic automated assembly & packaging systems.
- Validation experience and understanding of cGMP procedures (including Engineering Change Control) is essential.
- Fault diagnosis and reprogramming of automation and PLC controls systems and HMI i.e., Allen-Bradley, Schneider, Eaton, Magelis and Allen-Bradley Panelview; familiar with Cognex cameras.
- Problem solving capabilities and solution focused.
- Superb command with mechanical and electrical/electronic hand tools.
- Project, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills, including technical writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and tremendous team player.
- Must be highly flexible and have the ability and willingness to take responsibility to ensure tight deadlines are met.
- Candidates with previous experience working with automated production line experience following cGMP in the Medical Device, Biotech. or Pharmaceutical industries will be given priority.
- Trained in WHMIS.
- Trained in Lean Sigma principles.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A competitive compensation package
- Extended health benefits including dental – 100% employer contribution
- Flexible working hours
- Paid sick days
- Bonus day off with pay on your birthday every year!
- Complimentary reserved parking
- Complimentary shuttle to/from the office and River Rock Hotel
- Exercise room with a gym and shower facilities
- Opportunity to work with industry experts who are motivated and passionate about what they do but know how to have some fun
- Oh and you will also have a chance to show off your dance moves and singing voice at the Christmas parties, lead in lawn bowling or volleyball at the summer barbeques and devour cake at the monthly birthday celebrations
HOW TO APPLY:
bioLytical Laboratories Inc. offers a challenging, enriching work environment. To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter with salary expectations to careers AT biolytical.com. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from all qualified individuals.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
About the Company
Company: bioLytical Laboratories
Company Location: Richmond, BC